Mar 21, 2021
It's the first of our weekly Lege Updates! Dax and Amanda talk
• The $12.4 billion in COVID relief funding earmarked for Texas public schools. How will it be used?
• The Texas Supreme Court ruling on Houston ISD's school board
• HB 1438 and charter school accountability
• Charter school funding and spending
• HB 5: Access to broadband services
• Bills that were voted out of the House Public Education Committee and will now go to the floor, including HB 690, which adds continuing education requirements for trustees
The Lege Update will be published weekly through the rest of the 2021 legislative session. Subscribe to TASB Talks wherever you get your podcasts so you don't miss an episode.
©2021 Texas Association of School Boards, Inc. All Rights Reserved.